In today's age of modern technology with seamless connectivity, the adoption of a cashless system has continued to receive more acceptability from skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled work force. The Abia State Security and resident Card is poised to leverage on this for enhanced efficiency and accountability for the people of Abia State and the Government.
The Abia State Security and resident Card is a chipped card that looks and operates like the regular ATM card issued to bank account holders except in this case it is not tied to any bank account and can be used across all platform i.e. ATM, POS, Web, Mobile.
The Abia State Security and resident Card will be distributed throughout Abia state through all local government and wards in the State. Holders of the card will be able to support ASSF via monthly payment of stipend of ?200.
Residents/card holders, consistent and active supporters will be selected periodically and empowered with resources such as buses, cars, trading equipment, scholarships, and cash as applicable.
Citizens will be encouraged to quote the Security and resident Card number in all their transactions and dealings with government.
BENEFITS OF THE CARD
- The card will provide a credible and reliable source of income to ASSF
- The card provide an incontrovertible platform that guarantees accountability and deepens the current global and national cashless program in the State
- The card will provide the government with more efficiency and accountability in revenue collections as payment for tax, levies, bills will be electronic, instant and without third party interference.
- Its distribution will instantly provide job opportunities.
- The card will provide the government with more efficiency and accountability in revenue collections as payment for tax, levies, bills will be electronic, instant and without third party interference if they choose to.
- The card will also provide an effective channel for the Abia State government to profile its indigenes and empower them periodically with grants, small business start-up kits and allowances for using the card.
- At other times and as the need arises, government through the card can deal directly with citizens without third party interference or bottlenecks.
- The card can also be used for, subject to card holder’s decision;:
- Cash withdrawal via ATMPOS Terminal Transactions.
- Payment for Shopping & Services.
- Online Transaction and Fee payment.
- Payment of Bills (DSTV, GSM Top-up, Payment of Statutory Taxes & Revenues to the State etc.)
- Transfer of funds to other Bank account and Prepaid Card Holders
- Receive funds from other Bank account and Prepaid Card Holders.
- Payment of Salaries, Pensions or for Projects.